History of 8 East King Street


Pictured when this location was a dry goods store. Rev. Lindaman, his daughter Gertie and his son Mag are pictured in front of the store. On January 3, 1953 this location opened as Boydie’s Restaurant under the ownership of Arthur and Virginia Boyd. Through the years the restaurant was sold several times. The last owner, Bo Louey sold the restaurant to Brad and Vickie Wolf on December 6, 2007. The name was changed to Firehouse Grill, renovated and reopened on January 3, 2008, 55 years to the day from the time it opened as Boydie’s.

 

Pictured as it looked in 2007.

This is how it looks as of August 22, 2008.