Methodist Hall - (Monthly Programs)
50 East King Street
Littlestown, PA 17340
Museum and Welcome Center
2nd Floor - Borourgh Building

10 South QueenStreet

Littlestown, PA 17340


Incorporated and 501c3 approved.
All donations are tax deductabile.

Littlestown was layed out by
and named for Peter Klein (Little)
A window to the past.
On-line
Resources
Local Littlestown Links:


Societies of Local History

Contact
Web-Master


LAHS History

Information from Littlestown Bicenetennial Book.

Edge Hill Institute
(A Preparatory School)

In 1885 Dr. Walter E. Krebs founded the Edge Hill Academy, a preparatory school which lasted for approximately 15 years. Dr. Krebs's son, Stanley Krebs, was the husband of Marjorie Main. The Academy property is now the property at 356 East King Street.

 

FIRST ROW: unidentified, Elizabeth Gettier, unidentified, Eddie Forrest, Beulah Gitt, unidentified, unidentified, Etta Crouse.
SECOND ROW: unidentified, Dennis Hartman, Mary Kump, unidentified, unidentified.
TOP ROW: unidentified

 


ABOVE: Edge Hill graduating class of 1891 (Dr. C. L. Hartman).


356 East King street
This is the way the Edge Hill Institue looks today. Home of Willis J. and Virginia Myers

Note: For more information you can check the Krebs-LeFevre-Myers House and the Edge Hill Institute manuscript. Especially on the 32 students that we have information about who attended this school. This manuscript is a research project of Dr. Kenneth Sell. A copy of this manuscript is held by the Littlestown Area Historical Society.



Littlestown Area Historical Society's Programs
50 East King Street, Littlestown, PA 17340
Barts Centenary United Methodist Church's Historic Building