Methodist Hall - (Monthly Programs)
50 East King Street
Littlestown, PA 17340
Museum and Welcome Center
2nd Floor - Bourgh Building

10 South QueenStreet

Littlestown, PA 17340


Incorporated and 501c3 approved.
All donations are tax deductabile.

Littlestown was layed out by
and named for Peter Klien (Little)
A window to the past.
On-line
Resources
Local Littlestown Links:


Societies of Local History

Contact
Web-Master


LAHS History

Union Mills Newsletter - March 1977



SHRIVER SPRING HOUSE OF 1750
(from March, 1977 Newsletter)

 

This spring house on the original Shriver Farm at Conewago, near Littlestown, has been dated to 1750 or earlier by architectural experts. If correct, it may well be one of the oldest structures still standing from the early 18th Century in all of “Digges Choice”. Andrew Shriver paid John Digges with 100 pairs of slave shoes for his first 100 acres.

This Spring House still exist as of January 2007.
It is located on the Old George Basehoar Farm.
Own now by Leroy Basehoar.


 

 

 



Littlestown Area Historical Society's Programs
50 East King Street, Littlestown, PA 17340
Barts Centenary United Methodist Church's Historic Building