collection of parenting information compiled by Mr. Tim Harrison
school counselor - Francis Scott Key:
20 Ways To Lose Your Teen
1. Allow them to watch television whenever they want, preferably
in their bedroom—and make sure they have unfettered access to MTV,
HBO, CInemax and premium movies channels.
2. Put a computer with a high speed Internet connection in their
room or in place where they can use it without your supervision.
3. Respect their privacy—never go in their rooms, monitor their
email, or check on their Internet activity.
4. Don’t monitor, question or in any way restrict their music or
5. Subscribe to Playboy or Penthouse and keep a Victoria’s Secret
catalog on the coffee table.
6. Allow them to have a “flexible” curfew.
7. Let them date early and often—preferably with older teens or
8. Allow your daughters to dress like Paris Hilton or Lindsay Lohan
when they go to school, or out with their friends.
9. Encourage "Safe Sex", give them condoms and put your
daughters on birth control pills.
10. Give them a lot of spending money but don’t make them responsible
for any chores.
11. Stay out of their social life and don't ask questions about
12. Avoid talking with the parents of their friends.
13. Never talk about God, pray together or encourage them to participate
in religious activities.
14. Encourage them to drink responsibly.
15. Allow them to work more than 20 hours per week, preferably
the 4-to-midnight shift in a fast-food restaurant.
16. Try to be their best friend.
17. Work or volunteer as much as possible so you are seldom present
when they come home from school or at dinner time.
18. Encourage your kids to eat dinner whenever its convenient for
them. When you do eat together, be sure to do it in front of the
19. Avoid getting involved with their their school or talking with
20. Teach them to make moral decisions based on the circumstances
or how they feel at the time.
Written by Dr. Drew Edwards. All rights reserved
The information provided on the drdrewedwards site, including, but not
limited to, articles, quizzes and other general information, is for informational
purposes only and should not be treated as medical, psychiatric, psychological
or behavioral health care advice. Nothing contained on the drdrewedwards
site is intended to be used for medical diagnosis or treatment or as
a substitute for consultation with a qualified health care professional.